“Marketing, the Engine that Powers Your Business” is an introductory business marketing workshop offered monthly in downtown Chicago. The half day workshop, presented by the nonprofit business organization SCORE Chicago, costs $50.
Marketing is vital throughout a business to give you direction, to help you to set goals and objectives that will contribute to your success, and to ensure that everyone involved is focused on the same targets.
The workshop will cover effective and strategic utilization of pricing, promotion, product planning, distribution, and marketing on the internet to give you a competitive edge.
Topics Covered in This Basic Business Marketing Workshop
- Strategic marketing: How to plan for success
- Your operating environment: Know your constraints
- Market research: Who is your customer and where is your target market?
- Relationship marketing: Customer relationship management
- Advertising and public relations: How do you make yourself and your product known?
- Pricing strategies: Are you providing value to your customer and still making a profit?
- Distribution channels: How to make sure your product/services are available to your customers
- Sales and selling strategies: How do you convince your customer to buy from you?
- E-Commerce: Learn the basics of internet marketing and social media
- Revenue projection: Calculate what, when and how much you are going to sell
- Marketing costs and budgets: How much money should you invest in marketing?
- Monitor and measure: You cannot manage what you can’t measure
“Tremendous presenter. Highly knowledgeable and engaging.”
“So much info. I could have listened all day.”
“Very informal and the content was great with examples of real world situations to relate to your business.”
“Kept my attention from beginning to end”
“Very good presentation. Very good information”